Oct. 14, 2000
STOCKTON, Calif. - Santa Clara's Erich Chen and Adam Lewis are set face each other in a StockCoverage.com Invitational final after winning their singles semifinal matches in day two of tournament action.
In doubles, the Broncos' tandem of Michael Duong and Lewis fell in the championship match of the National bracket to CS Sacramento's Silvain Iff and Kevin Vieira.
Chen and Lewis' championship match will being at 11:30 a.m.
-- www.santaclarabroncos.com --
Day Two Results, Oct. 14, 2000
Singles -- Gold
Claes Lindholm, Pacific def. (3) Ryan Livesay, Santa Clara 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
Matt Cox, Santa Clara def. Frederico Mattioli, Santa Clara 6-3, 6-1
Tobias Abrahamsson, Pacific def. Matt Cox, Santa Clara 6-1, 6-3
Singles -- Black
(1) Silvain Iff, CS Sacramento def. Rick Ruso, Santa Clara 7-6 (4), 6-0
Brian Casey, UC Santa Cruz def. Adam Artunian, Santa Clara 7-6 (6), 7-5
Singles -- Silver
(1) Erich Chen, Santa Clara def. Creighton Macy, UC Davis 6-3, 6-4
(2) Adam Lewis, Santa Clara def. Brett Bitzer, Nevada 6-3, 6-1
Richard Galang, UC Davis def. Mike Bruggemann, Santa Clara 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
(1) Erich Chen, Santa Clara def. Kyle Trinosky, UC Davis 6-3, 6-4
(2) Adam Lewis, Santa Clara def. Richard Galang, UC Davis 7-6 (6), 6-2
Doubles -- National
(1) Duong/Lewis, Santa Clara def. Macy/Trinosky, UC Davis 9-7
(2) Iff/Vieira, CS Sacramento def. Bruggemann/Mattioli, Santa Clara 9-8
(2) Iff/Vieira, CS Sacramento def. (1) Duong/Lewis, Santa Clara 8-3