March 29, 2003
LOS ANGELES - The Santa Clara University men's tennis team fell to Loyola Marymount 4-3 this afternoon at the LMU Tennis Complex in Los Angeles. After the Broncos won the doubles point, LMU won four of six singles matches to nab the victory. Santa Clara's record falls to 7-11 overall, 3-4 in the West Coast Conference. The Lions improve to 11-8, 2-1.
Sophomore Taylor Bedilion earned a 1-6, 6-1, 6-3 victory over Anthony Evrard at the third singles slot for his 20th dual win of the season, surpassing the 19 wins he earned as a freshman, while also moving into a tie for fifth place on SCU's single-season leaderboard.
The Broncos will continue league action next week, taking on Saint Mary's on Wednesday. The match against the Gaels will take first serve at 3 p.m. in Moraga.
1. Martirosyan/Graeubig (LMU) def. Chen/Bruggemann (SCU) 9-7
2. Rick Ruso /Zepponi (SCU) def. Asuja/Wojnarowicz (LMU) 8-6
3. Mattioli/Bedilion (SCU) def. Chan/Kennedy (LMU) 8-5
1. Tigran Martirosyan (LMU) def. Erich Chen (SCU) 6-1, 6-0
2. Leo Graeubig (LMU) def. Francisco Zepponi (SCU) 6-3, 6-4
3. Taylor Bedilion (SCU) def. Anthony Evrard (LMU) 1-6, 6-1, 6-3
4. Jaakko Asuja (LMU) def. Federico Mattioli (SCU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Mike Wojnarowicz (LMU) def. Ben Hidalgo (SCU) 6-1, 2-6, 6-2
6. Michael Bruggemann (SCU) def. Rob Kennedy (LMU) 5-7, 6-1, (10-5)