Feb. 3, 2001
DAVIS, Calif. - After dropping two of three doubles matches, the Santa Clara women's tennis team won three of its top four singles matches in straight sets to defeat UC Davis 5-4 in a women's collegiate tennis dual match Saturday. The loss snapped the Aggies' win streak at four, dating back to a win over Hawai'i-Hilo in November.
The Bronos improved to 2-0 on the season, while UC Davis fell to 5-2. Santa Clara plays Nevada on Feb. 11 at 11 a.m. at the Santa Clara University Tennis Center.
Santa Clara 5, UC Davis 4
February 3, 2001
1. Christine Limbers (SCU) def. Jill Howard (UCD), 6-0, 6-2
2. Patricia Ruiz (SCU) def. Shawna Barasch (UCD), 6-4, 6-3
3. Britni Webb (UCD) def. Nicole McCord (SCU), 6-1, 6-3
4. Mariko Kawakami (SCU) def. Tina Cseuz (UCD), 6-1, 6-3
5. Alisse Ali-Christie (UCD) def. Alison Barr (SCU), 6-4, 2-6, 6-3
6. Ashley Campbell (SCU) def. Kerri Roemer (UCD), 7-6 (5), 6-1
1. Limbers/McCord (SCU) def. Ali-Christie/Webb (UCD), 9-7
2. Gretchen Schantz/Howard (UCD) def. Ruiz/Campbell (SCU), 8-4
3. Cseuz/Janice Salomon (UCD) def. Barr/Kawakami (SCU), 8-2
Santa Clara - 1-0
UC Davis - 5-2