Women's Tennis Falls to Wichita State at UCI Invite
March 26, 2001
IRVINE, Calif. - The Santa Clara women's tennis team fell to Wichita State 4-3 this morning at the fourth annual UC Irvine/Radisson Spring Invitational, hosted by UC Irvine at the UCI Tennis Stadium.
With the loss, the Broncos fall to 6-8 on the season.
The Broncos will play Portland for seventh place tomorrow at 9 a.m.
Wichita State 4, Santa Clara 3
1. Christine Limbers (SCU) def. Amanda Cervantes (WSU) 6-4, 6-2
2. Mariko Kawakami (SCU) def. Annellie van den Heever (WSU) 7-5, 6-2
3. Kelli Clark (WSU) def. Patricia Ruiz (SCU) 6-1, 6-3
4. Martina Stojkic (WSU) def. Ashley Campbell (SCU) 6-3, 6-1
5. Megan McKitterick (SCU) def. Sarah Beth Dangos (WSU) 6-3, 6-0
6. Sharon College (WSU) def. Jenny Siegel (SCU) 7-5, 4-6, 6-3
1. Limbers/McCord (SCU) def. Cervantes/van den Heever (WSU) 8-2
2. Clark/Stojkic (WSU) def. Ruiz/Campbell (SCU) 8-4
3. Dangos/Cherise Stein (WSU) def. Kawakami/Alison Barr (SCU) 8-6