SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Santa Clara women's tennis suffered a 4-3 loss at San Francisco on Saturday afternoon.
San Francisco (5-14, 2-5 WCC) claimed the doubles point over Santa Clara (7-11, 2-5 WCC). The Dons won 6-1 on court three and 7-6 (4) on court one to clinch the point. Senior Nabila Farah and freshman Caitlyn Frankel won 6-2 on court two.
USF jumped out to a 2-0 lead as they won the first singles match on court six but senior Daniella Silva's 6-2, 6-1 win on court two over Genevieve McCloskey brought SCU within one point. Sophomore Madison Clarke then tied the score at two as she won 6-3, 6-4 against Anna Sokiran on court one. Junior Zeina El Tawil's 6-1, 7-5 win on court four over Shanna Dos Santos gave the Broncos a 3-2 lead. The Dons then won on courts five and three to secure the 4-3 victory.
The Broncos play their final two regular season matches of the season at home on Friday against BYU at 11 a.m. PT and on Saturday at noon.
USF 4, Santa Clara 3
Saturday, April 15 | San Francisco (The Olympic Club)
Singles – Order of finish (6, 2, 1, 4, 5, 3)
1. Madison Clarke (SCU) def. Anna Sokiran (USF); 6-3, 6-4
2. Daniella Silva (SCU) def. Genevieve McCloskey (USF); 6-2, 6-1
3. Emily Maxfield (USF) def. Nabila Farah (SCU); 6-2, 6-4
4. Zeina El Tawil (SCU) def. Shanna Dos Santos (USF); 6-1, 7-5
5. Hanna Borjeson (USF) def. Caitlyn Frankel (SCU); 7-6(1), 6-1
6. Margarita Treyes (USF) def. Giannina Ong (SCU); 6-2, 6-1
Doubles – Order of finish (3, 2, 1)
1. McCloskey/Maxfield (USF) def. Silva/Clarke (SCU); 7-6(4)
2. Farah/Frankel (SCU) def. Sokiran/Dos Santos (USF); 6-2
3. Borjeson/Treyes (USF) def. El Tawdi/Ong (SCU); 6-1