SANTA CLARA, Calif. – The focus of Santa Clara's annual Red and White Celebration is the Athletic Hall of Fame induction, but there are also quite a few other important facets to the program on Saturday, May 18, which unofficially caps off the academic year.
The seventh annual event, presented by Heritage Bank of Commerce and held in Leavey Center, serves as an evening to salute the current and past of Santa Clara Athletics including:
• Induction of nine-member 2019 Athletic Hall of Fame Class
• Bestowment of Senior Awards
• Recognition of graduating class of Senior student-athletes
• Recognition of athletics endowment benefactors
• Celebration of a golden period of Baseball (1962-72)
This year's Hall of Fame class, which was announced in March, includes Mike Carey, Kevin Dunton, Whitney (Longmire) Hollis, Kylie (Bivens) Hopper, Jerry Howarth, Jacqui Little, Mike Pereira, Nikki (Serlenga) Fein, & Kim (Pickup) Williams.
The Red and White Celebration program is as follow:
|5:15 p.m.||Mass in the Mission Church|
|6 p.m.||Cocktail Hour|
|7:10 p.m.||Program Begins/Dinner|