SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Santa Clara men's water polo opens a five-game homestand on Thursday when California Baptist visits for a Western Water Polo Association matchup.
The Broncos (8-8, 0-3) will face the Lancers at 3 p.m. in Sullivan Aquatic Center.
California Baptist (9-12, 1-2) had a four-game winning streak snapped on Saturday in a loss to second-ranked UCLA.
Santa Clara dropped a pair of WWPA road games last week falling to LMU and UC San Diego.
The Broncos will hold the annual Julian Fraser Memorial Tournament beginning Friday. The three-day event features 13 teams and 25 games between the Santa Clara campus and San Jose State, which is serving as host to eight games.
• After playing their first 12 games away from home, the Broncos are in the midst 10 of their final 13 regular season contests in Sullivan Aquatic Center.
• Ryan Werner, Patrick Kirk, Dominick Kirk, Shane Hughes and Mac Carey have started all 16 games. Jack Rottman has started the last eight games. Sean Tehaney has started 10 games in goal and Chase Zamborelli the other six.
• Hughes is the team's leading scorer with 34 goals. Carey is second with 28 and Werner third with 27. Patrick Kirk and Arvin Bahia are tied for fourth with 21 goals.
• Carey has a team-high 38 assists, including at least one assist in each game of the season. He posted a career-high seven against Ottawa Univ.- Arizona on Sept. 21.
• Bahia ranks first on the team with 24 kickouts drawn. Carey is second with 20.
Single-game tickets are available for $8. Click here to purchase online or contact the ticket office weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. at (408) 554-4660 or BroncoTickets@scu.edu. Sullivan Aquatic Center, as well as its ticket office, is open one hour prior to the start of each game.
For weekday games, the Leavey Center lot (see below for access), located on Accolti Way off El Camino Real, is free beginning one hour prior to the start time. Any other parking facility on campus will be subject to normal daily rates or restrictions, including the main structure, located on Palm Drive. During the weekend, campus parking facilities are free (except for permit required locations). Click here for a campus map and parking restrictions.
The construction of the Stephen C. and Patricia A. Schott Athletic Excellence Center has necessitated the closure of the main entrance (off Accolti Way) to the Leavey Center parking lot. Access is now ONLY directly from El Camino Real (Route 82). If you are traveling east on El Camino Real, the Leavey lot entrance will be approximately 150 yards on the right (enter through the black iron gate) after you pass the main campus entrance. If you are traveling west on El Camino, make a u-turn at the main campus entrance at Palm Drive/Railroad Ave and follow the same directions.